This kind of says it all. What’s really crazy is that we hiked 10 miles first to get to this section. Then we hiked 7 miles it. But first..donuts.
Here is the visual of the roller coaster section. Completely tragic. Straight up, straight down. Rocks at the top of every climb. Rod Holllow Shelter is about the start. We made it to Sam Moore shelter.

We got to the creek by Sam Moore and I was done. The others wanted to go on to Bears Den but I had nothing left. Legs toast. Blisters. Etc. Beeper could probably do 30 miles. Ed and Scott I think both felt they could make it. Pretty glad we stopped. There are about 15 people in the camping areas. We managed to end up in shelter space - which was fine by us!
The cheap talk says 14 more today including the rest of the roller coaster. I am going to need some strong coffee.

No comments:
Post a Comment